Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Madrid - July 23, 2014

I was going to post pictures from our bicycle tour, but I've had a bad day.

For those of you who have seen the movie "The Way", remember the scene where a gypsy kid steals the backpack?  Well, I had my gypsy theft moment today. 

After spending the morning in the Prado Museum, Dave and I were sitting at an outside cafe having lunch. A young man, about eleven or twelve, came up to our table trying to get us to buy something out of a brochure. We said no, and asked him to leave. He persisted laying the brochure on the table, and unnoticed by me, on top of my iPhone. Dave and the waiter made him leave, but he palmed my phone on the way!  

We spent the next two hours shutting down, and wiping my phone data, and then buying another phone to be shipped for our arrival at home this weekend. Of course our next upgrade isn't due for another six months. A very expensive lunch!

I'm glad I transferred most of our trip photos to the iPad for use in the blog. As it is, the pictures from our bicycle tour yesterday are gone. 

We have one more day here in Madrid. Hopefully it's better than today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment